package-dev

Hi all,

Sorry, it’s probably a question sounding really “noob”, but debian packaging is quite new to me.

I made a custom libvirt.deb from the source tar.gz (version 1.1.3). Here is my rules file (by the way if I did something wrong fell free to tell me) :

%:
        dh $@
override_dh_auto_configure:
        dh_auto_configure -- --prefix=/usr/ --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc/ --with-init-script=upstart --with-qemu --with-storage-rbd --with-storage-fs --with-storage-lvm --with-storage-scsi --with-storage-mpath --with-lxc --with-openvz

My .deb seems to be ok and is actually installed.

I need now to package two more sources.tar.gz (libvirt-glib & virt-manager) and it seems that I need the libvirt-dev package providing libs. How can I do this ? Can you point me if possible to the documentation ?

Trying to ./configure in the libvirt-glib dir :

checking for LIBVIRT... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libvirt >= 0.10.2) were not met:

No package 'libvirt' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBVIRT_CFLAGS
and LIBVIRT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details

Thank you for your help !