[Solved] Re: i686-w64-mingw32-gcc and libintl.h

On 8 October 2013 16:27, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> wrote:
> PS. normal gcc can compile the code flawless.
On Linux libintl.h and implementations of cunctions declared there are a
part of glibc. On other platforms such as mingw you may need an external
implementation which is not packaged (I don't think we have any other
mingw-targeted libs packaged either).

Hi Andrey,

Before reading your answer I was looking only for deb packages. Then I started searching on other sites and I found this:

Solution: just download

(*) libintl.h from include and save it on
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/include/

(*) and libintl.a from lib and save it on
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/

then compile your code with:

$i686-w64-mingw32-gcc  yourcode.c /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libintl.a -o yourbin

And you're done!

Thanks!

Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)