Re: i686-w64-mingw32-gcc and libintl.h

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 04:17:40PM -0300, Beco wrote:
> I'm having no luck in cross-compiling my program with this library.
>

> fatal error: libintl.h: No such file or directory
>

> I've tried to search where this library is, but it is supposed to be in
> package:
>
> $ dpkg -L gcc-mingw-w64-i686 | grep intl
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.6/plugin/include/intl.h
There is a difference between intl.h and libintl.h.

> Still, it won't compile!
>
> I'm using wheezy. Any clues?
>
> Thanks,
> Beco.
>
> PS. normal gcc can compile the code flawless.
On Linux libintl.h and implementations of cunctions declared there are a
part of glibc. On other platforms such as mingw you may need an external
implementation which is not packaged (I don't think we have any other
mingw-targeted libs packaged either).

--
WBR, wRAR