Re: lib32foo?

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 02:45:47PM -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> Is there a document somewhere talking about how folks build these 32-bit
> packages for amd64, as opposed to building an i386 package that's installed
> via multiarch?

As far as I know most of the lib32foo packages are going to be faded
out. Now that multiarch works that well, that ia32-libs already uses it
there is little point in adding new packages that way. If you really
need this (for example for an older release), have a look at how other
packages are doing this. ncurses should be a good example as it still
ships lib32 packages. The general idea is to build the package twice
with different CC and CFLAGS. This probably requires using a builddir
(or copying the source tree before build).

Helmut