Re: removing untracked files created by previous version

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Does the file contain historical data or any data the sysadmin might
> want to keep? If so I would suggest moving the file to its new
> location (presumably under /var/lib) instead.

No historical data; just the most recent status update.  I had planned
to use /var/run as the new location, since it's runtime data that has
little relevance from one boot to the next.  Is that reasonable?

> If not your plan sounds fine.

I'll proceed with checking the previous version and removing it, then.

Thanks very much for your comments!

Ryan