Re: How to note the license in copyright

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Vsevolod Velichko wrote:

> This header makes me think about public domain or WTFPL. However it's
> not strictly expressed, and neither me nor the upstream author (he's
> not the author of that code) is sure, how to express the copyright
> information in COPYING and debian/copyright.

In COPYING there is no defined format, just use free-form or maybe
SPDX (http://spdx.org/):

Copyright © 2009 Nokia Corporation and/or its subsidiary(-ies).

Use, modification and distribution is allowed without limitation,
warranty, liability or support of any kind.

In debian/copyright using copyright format 1.0:

Copyright: 2009 Nokia Corporation and/or its subsidiary(-ies)
License: permissive

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

--
bye,