Re: Debian-friendly upstream best practices?

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> writes:

> I'm just trying to establish the pattern I should be following

> a) for those projects where I have no role, no commit rights, etc, I
> presume that I should just use git-buildpackage, create a distinct
> repository to track debian/ stuff, and follow the normal structure
> (master and upstream branches)

> b) however, for the other projects where I can potentially include
> debian/ stuff in the upstream repo:

You may be interested in:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html

See in particular Debian and Upstream Combined.  The merge approach
described in the last paragraph there is now supported natively by the
latest git-buildpackage (although I haven't had a chance to test yet).