Advice on packaging libmusicbrainz4

Hi all,

I am the author of libmusicbrainz4, a library to access the MusicBrainz
service. There have been previous versions of this library in Debian, and I
would like to get this new version included if at all possible.

A couple of questions:

1. There already appears to be a libmusicbrainz4 package
(libmusicbrainz4-dev and libmusicbrainz4c2a), based on v2.1.5 of the
libraries. I can't understand why these were named 'libmusicbrainz4', but
obviously this will clash with the package name I'd ideally like to use. I
did consider 'libmusicbrainz4-ngs' as this library is aimed at accessing the
'Next Generation Schema' on the Musicbrainz site. Would appreciate any
comments.

2. The source for the library automatically generates a couple of files
*into the source directories*. As a result of this, the 'diff' that is
created for the debian files (incorrectly) contains these files. Can you
tell me how I would exclude these files from this diff?

Thanks in anticipation.

Andy