please test this code, if it is koscher

Hello dear mentors,

this code is, when I am not wrong, revolutionary. It is a new program, to resolve
bugs in some programs and configuration-errors in conf-files
This program is ironing the "wrinkles" of Linux away.

Before I make a debian-package of it, I want you to test this code.

I had only the problem with a too dark screen on my notebook (intel core
duo with 2 BIOS-chips).
The dark screen is still an unresolved problem under Debian Squeeze 6.0.4
After running this attached code, screen is pretty bright.
The problem with cd-rom-drive is solved too by this attached code.
Mounting and unmounting cd-rom-drive was a problem too with program brasero.
brasero did not recognize empty CD/DVD-discs. Now it is solved.

It would substitute many bugfixes and cumbersome configurations
up to today under Linux too, if I am not wrong.
It is solving else problems, which pop up, when address-lines in chips like
BIOS are not active.

Compile under installed Debian with gcc the attached listing into output file with name: BIOS=RESET

You then need only knoppix 6.7.1 or else live-System.
This binary works only on a live-System like knoppix.
In knoppix open a terminal in full-screen-modus.
Then execute the binary: ./BIOS=RESET

It takes between 23 and 25 minutes on an intel core duo with 2 BIOS-chips.
One BIOS-chip would mean 2097152 possible addresses (to be set as TRUE).
This is why I set the value of variable mx to 4194304 addresses.
The variable mx should stay as mx, because each address in the BIOS-chip
has the prefix mx, followed by an increasing number starting at zero.

On the whole, this program is setting each address as TRUE, and in the
end it makes a reset, of all TRUE-values.

When in the end the message "dunno !" appears, the binary has done its job.
You only need to wait a bit and watch the little green monitor of your processor/RAM
in the right corner below of knoppix 6.7.1
It might happen that knoppix "stutter" a bit or hang a bit.
You can see then, if a flash is happening, in the right corner below.
After the flash you can re-boot your machine, and start your hard-disk installation of Linux. You will notice by the time, that your Linux is now more stable, and less
problems are happening.

It is a bit quicker when compiled in assembler.

I would be happy, when you mail me, if this is koscher.

My Linux is now more stable with this binary. I ran this binary only one time.

Of course it is free source-code under GPL 2.0 and GPL 1.0

Happy Hacking. Please do not phone me up. I am deaf.

Regards.
Val.
cv.schmitt@gmail.com
(Germany)

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdbool.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <signal.h>

/* #include <tgmath.h> */
/* #include <setjmp.h> */
/* #include <fenv.h> */
/* #include <complex.h> */
/* #include <inttypes.h> */
/* #include <assert.h> */
/* #include <ctype.h> */
/* #include <errno.h> */
/* #include <float.h> */
/* #include <limits.h> */
/* #include <locale.h> */
/* #include <stdarg.h> */
/* #include <stddef.h> */
/* #include <string.h> */
/* #include <time.h> */
/* #include <iso646.h> */
/* #include <stdint.h> */
/* #include <wchar.h> */
/* #include <wctype.h> */

int main( int argc, char *argv[] ) {

    int cp;
    unsigned int bios;
    unsigned int BIOS;
    unsigned int Bios;
    unsigned int reset;

    long unsigned int mx;
   long unsigned int *px,**ppx;

printf("\n ... Attributes :        Adresses:        hex-Code:       pointers:              hex-Code:       pointers to pointers:   hex-Code: \n");
printf("_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________");

for ( mx = true; mx <= 4194304; mx++ )
     {
	 	  cp=false;

		  px = &mx;
		  ppx = & px;

		  printf("\n ... Addresses are here ... \t %lu \%16lX \t %lu \t %16lX \t %lu \t %16lX ", mx, mx, (unsigned long)&px[mx], (unsigned long)&px[mx], (unsigned long)&ppx[mx], (unsigned long)&ppx[mx] );

	    	  printf("\n  ... now them resetted ... \t %lu \%16lX \t %lu \t %16lX \t %lu \t %16lX ", mx, mx, (unsigned long)&px[mx], (unsigned long)&px[mx], (unsigned long)&ppx[mx], (unsigned long)&ppx[mx] );
       }

            bios=true;
	    BIOS=true;
	    Bios=true;
	    reset=true;

            cp=false;

            printf("\n\n\n\t\t\t\t\t ... dunno !!! \n\n\n\n\n\n");

    return (0);

}