Re: RFS: couriergrey (3rd)

Dear Gergely,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:44:22AM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> I had another look, at long last, and spotted a thing or two:
>
> * [minor] There's a thinko in debian/README.Debian: "disabled at
>   default" should be "disabled by default", at least that's how I
>   usually use the phrase, but I'm not a native speaker, and I might very
>   well be mistaken.

I am not native too. And your advice sounds better to me.

> * [major] The package doesn't build twice in a row. The second time it
>   fails with:
>
> ,----
> | make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1'
> |    dh_auto_build
> | [...]
> | Making all in man
> | make[3]: Entering directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1/man'
> | generating couriergrey.8 from couriergrey.8.in
> | /bin/bash: line 3: couriergrey.8.in: No such file or directory
> | mv: cannot stat `couriergrey.8.tmp': No such file or directory
> | make[3]: *** [couriergrey.8] Error 1
> | make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1/man'
> | make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> | make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1'
> | make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> | make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1'
> | dh_auto_build: make -j1 returned exit code 2
> | make: *** [build] Error 2
> | dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> `----
>
> This seems to happen because upstream deletes the couriergrey.8 file
> upon make clean, but fails to ship couriergrey.8.in to support
> regenerating it. That would be a DFSG violation, as part of the source
> is not shipped - thankfully, that source is restorable, because the only
> thing the Makefile changes is the VERSION string. You might wish to
> notify upstream about this problem, but it can be fixed without a new
> upstream release, in my opinion.

I had contact with the upstream author and he gave me a workaround for
the moment. He will fix it in the next upstream release.

> Other than this, the package looks fine, and I'll upload once the build
> issue is fixed (and this time, it won't take months to review the
> update, I promise!).

So I uploaded a patched version to mentors.debian.net:
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/couriergrey/couriergrey_0.3.0.1-1.dsc

I would be glad if you or someone else uploaded this package for me.
-Marco