Re: RFR: chromaprint (Adoption)

* Simon Chopin <chopin.simon@gmail.com>, 2012-01-07, 10:10:
But anyway, on i386 I get this lintian error:
E: libchromaprint0: symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on symbol _ZNSt6vectorIdSaIdEE14_M_fill_insertEN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPdS1_EEjRKd@Base and 2 others
I added a specific symbol file for i386, but I fear the problem will also occur with other architectures.

Of course it will. :)
I just realized, I don't need to put the extra symbols in a different file since they are marked optional. Updated.

But I still don't know the procedure for the other architectures. Would it be okay to upload it like this and just update the symbols file according to the buildd logs ?

I'd just use wildcards to mark all symbols starting with _ZSt as optional.

As a side note, for extra safety it'd be good to make sure that if ever these symbols are used, the generated dependency is either unsatisfiable or strictly versioned. Unfortunately, the latter option is currently a bit difficult to implement; see bug #615940.

--
Jakub Wilk