Re: RFS: boot-repair (v3.03)

(I don't intend to sponsor this package.)

 dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/boot-repair/boot-repair_3.03.dsc
 dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/boot-sav-gui/boot-sav-gui_3.03.dsc
 dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/boot-sav/boot-sav_3.03.dsc
 dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/os-uninstaller/os-uninstaller_3.03.dsc
 dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/clean-ubiquity/clean-ubiquity_3.03.dsc

Why 5 source packages are needed? I think a single source package with multiple binary packages would make more sense.

What is python-distutils-extra build-dependency for?

You have empty Suggests, Recommend etc. fields in debian/control. Just remove them.

XB-Python-Version is deprecated, remove it.

Don't use "Provides: ${python:Provides}" unless you know what you're doing.

Licence and copyright of glade2script.py is not documented in debian/copyright.

Various scripts create temporary files in an insecure way.

Package is built via setup.py . (if dh_install is absolutely required i need someone to implement it for me )

_I_ don't mind setup.py in general (it's an build system like any other), but: - You should remove *.egg-info from binary packages, they are useless or this package. - This setup.py creates an .installed_file, which you didn't remove in the clean target. - This setup.py does some particularly goofy (though harmless) things in the "if sys.argv[1] == 'install':" part.

Package is now lintian (--pedantic) clean.

With informative and experimental tags enabled, I get:
X: boot-repair source: python-depends-but-no-python-helper boot-repair
I: boot-sav-gui source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "homepage" in package boot-sav-gui
X: boot-sav-gui source: python-depends-but-no-python-helper boot-sav-gui
E: boot-sav-gui: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/share/boot-sav/glade2script.py
X: boot-sav source: python-depends-but-no-python-helper boot-sav
X: clean-ubiquity source: python-depends-but-no-python-helper clean-ubiquity
X: os-uninstaller source: python-depends-but-no-python-helper os-uninstaller

--
Jakub Wilk