Re: RFS: xiterm+thai

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Neutron Soutmun wrote:

> It's not popular as it's still used by some group of users only.
> The xiterm+thai provides the TIS-620 encoding which now rarely used by
> Thai users, mostly superseded by UTF-8 but it's good as the later is
> the international standard.

I see, I guess this is a bit like khmerconverter and should be removed
at some point? Maybe during the wheezy+1 cycle is the appropriate time
to remove it?

> Actually, the debian/ in the upstream repository is outdated. In the
> past few years, I and the upstream have to sync the debian/ dir when
> the current deb has been changed. But now I have maintained the deb in
> git (Alioth) and consider the syncing debian/ dir with upstream is the
> duplicate work. Therefore, I'll ask the upstream to drop the debian/
> dir soon.

Ok, I was mainly talking about moving inputrc txiterm txiterm.1
xiterm+thai.desktop upstream instead of just in the Debian package,
since they are probably useful for other distros too.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise