Re: Advice on packaging a PHP application (ITP for Shaarli)

Am 06.01.2012 11:22, schrieb Arno Töll:

>> - Should I handle more than just Apache2 (other webservers)?
>
> That's up to you. At least, you should not depend on Apache and make
> sure it works fine without installing Apache. A dependency like:
>
> Depends: apache2 | httpd-cgi

Another approach would be to make an apache configuration package like
shaarli-apache2. That leaves the choice to the user, and can force
the installation of apache. And its very easy to add support for other
servers later without breaking anything (shaarli-nginx, etc). If
someone wants to implement his own integration he doesn't need to
install the integration package and is just fine.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/de/pgpkey.html
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15