Re: RFS: nuvolaplayer -- cloud music integration for Linux desktop

I am subscribed, no need to CC me.

2012/1/1 Jiří Janoušek:

> I forgot to mention I am the upstream author and all patches will be included
> in the next release.

I see, that makes some things easier.

> Done. I've added also optional header "Forwarded: Author of this patch
> is the upstream author.", because the default value is "no". Is it right?

I would suggest instead of Forwarded, you want Origin pointing at the
web URL or commit info of the upstream VCS commits.

> Unfortunately, waf is the only build system I have experiences with
> and there is no plan to replace it in a short term. Is it a blocker for Debian?

I'm not really sure if it is a blocker, but I would definitely suggest
replacing it. AFAICS, most things written in vala use autotools.

> Did I understand this exception from "never modify orig.tar.gz" right?
> Or should I remove them with patch instead?

In general, as upstream you should never re-release the same version,
just make a new version.

A patch doesn't remove them from the orig.tar.gz (nor the upstream VCS
history) if they are truly not redistributable.

>> Lots of dpkg-shlibdeps warnings.
>
> I don't know how to solve this issue. I use pkg-config to resolve dependencies,
> but for example gdk-2.0 returns extra dependencies gmodule, pangocairo,
> gdk_pixbuf, ... Library pthread is added by valac.

Part of this is probably all the fault software you depend on.

>> The package fails to build when built twice in a row,
>> man/nuvolaplayer.1 needs to be removed on debian/rules clean (just add
>> a debian/clean file).
>
> Fixed. Can be "twice in a row building" tested with pbuilder?

I usually do that in my post-build shell hook, similar to this:

/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/examples/C10shell

I have a B10shell and a C10shell so I get a shell on both failure and success.

BTW, I forgot to say that you should work on porting to GTK+ 3.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise