Re: Non standard tar-ball.

On Thursday, March 24, 2011 03:49:38 am Paul Wise wrote:
> dpkg-source doesn't care what is inside the upstream tarball, it will
> always unpack to foo-1.2.3/ and the Debian tarball/diff will be
> unpacked/applied so that foo-1.2.3/debian/ exists.

I guess my question is how to create the source package in the first place,
so that dpkg-source will have some thing to work with.
I look at Debian New Maintainers' Guide
Chapter 2 - First steps
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-first.en.html
> Create a subdirectory under your home directory named debian or deb or
> anything you find appropriate (e.g. just ~/gentoo would do fine in this
> case). Place the downloaded archive in it, and extract it (with "tar xzf
> gentoo-0.9.12.tar.gz").
This will create a "src" and "doc" directory in the same directory as the
tarball, there will be no foo-1.2.3 sub directory for me to work with.
So in what directory do I do the initial debianization? the dh_make?
And how do I make sure that the "src" and "doc" directories are inside
the directory in which I do the dh-make? It is very confusing!

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J