Re: this file is neither present in our repository yet nor did you upload it

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 23:59 +0200, Reijo Tomperi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Version 1.47-1 was sponsored, but I was asked to backport a fix to it (which I did with "dch -v 1.47-2" and "quilt new ..." etc. commands), but after I do dupload I get the error mail below and I don't know how I should fix it.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Subject: Upload of 'cppcheck' failed (file error)
>
> I am sorry to tell you that your upload to mentors.debian.net failed.
> While checking the files that you uploaded we found an error:
>
> Your .dsc file (cppcheck_1.47-2.dsc) mentions a file named
> 'cppcheck_1.47.orig.tar.gz' which is part of the source package. But this
> file is neither present in our repository yet nor did you upload it. Please
> make sure your upload contains this file next time and try again.
>
> Your upload has been removed from the incoming directory. Please fix the
> error in your package and re-upload your package. If you suspect that your
> package is correct but mentors.debian.net did anything wrong please reply
> to this message and tell us.
>
> The mentors.debian.net team
>

> #Import run: 2011-02-14T22:22:28.444586
>
> --
> Reijo

as the upstream version did not change dpkg-genchanges did not include
the original source again. But this is required for mentor uploads.
see man dpkg-genchanges

You can force the inclusion with the -sa option.
e.g. debuild -sa

Best Regards,
Julian Taylor