Re: RFS: Planner (orphan package)

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 09:49:54PM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Josue Abarca <jmaslibre@debian.org.gt> writes:
>
> > Wences Arana and I intend to adopt planner, so now we are looking for
> > a sponsor for our package "planner".
> [...]
> > The package is lintian (pedantic) clean.
>
> Fortunately for me, it's not algernon-clean just yet!
> docs
> ====
>
> Why are you installing the AUTHORS file into the binary package? That's
> pretty much covered in debian/copyright anyway. Similarly, I find the
> README fairly useless too, as most of the information in it is already
> available in the debian package.

Well, about the README, the previous maintainer included it, and the
url of the upstream's bug tracker is there, but that is not very
useful, so I agree, it will be excluded from the binary packages ASAP.

The same goes for AUTHORS.

> It's only the NEWS file I'd keep, and a quick glance through it suggests
> that it's enough to put that into the planner package, -dev, -doc and
> -data don't really need a copy, I believe.

I agree, it will be done ASAP.

> debian/source/local-options
> ===========================
>
> Erm, this thing is, well, local. It's not in the package in any shape or
> form, so... why mention it in the changelog? (Or perhaps you want it as
> debian/source/options instead?)

The file is in our git repository[0], it should not be in the
debian/changelog, I suppose that we were too eager to start
registering some progress there. The commit message should have been
enough.

> This is all for now. Other than this, the package looks fine after a
> quick glance, and unless I find anything more severe by the time this
> mail gets answered and I'm done testing the binaries, I'm willing to
> upload as-is.

Thanks for your help.

[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/planner.git

--