Re: How to pass CFLAGS to upstream's Makefile with debhlepler ?

Hello,

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:12:04 +0900
Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> I wonder if it was the right thing to do, and if it is a change that
> can be forwarded upstream.

I always use ?= in my Makefiles because it may be important to someone
to be able at least partially override the setting I use.

> Also, I added $(CPPFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) in some calls to $(CC), but I
> think I remember reading that $(LDFLAGS) is not needed everywhere.
> When in doubt, is it safe to add them ?

There's LDLIBS or LOADLIBES, you should pass either or both of them to
CC as well. LDFLAGS may be needed sometimes, however.

--
WBR, Andrew