Re: Where to place man-pages, when building multiple packages

On 2011-11-10 10:01, Björn Esser wrote:
> Hi there!

Hi,

> I'm just working on packaging. When I build on source into 2 pkgs.
>
> Theese are the two packages:
>
> jailkit  --  here go all the c-binaries
> jailkit-common  --  here go python-scripts, manpages, other no-arch
>
> After building the pkg, lintian complains about
> "binary-without-manpage". So in which pkg should it put the man-pages?
> Is it possible to tell lintian the man-pages to the binaries are in the
> -common pkg?
> Or must they be put inside the main pkg?
>
> Many Thanks to you in advance.
>
> BR,
>
> Björn

"Newer" versions of lintian (around 2.5.1 or so) will check direct
dependencies (that are built from the same source) if said dependencies
are processed together.

So if you placed your manpage correctly in jailkit-common and jailkit
depends on jailkit-common, then lintian should find the manpage if you do:
 lintian jailkit.deb jailkit-common.deb

Alternatively you can pass lintian the changes file and it will process
both debs automatically as well.

~Niels