RFS: mdbtools (30 days)

On Wednesday 03 August 2011 13:32:36 Tim Retout wrote:
> I recently offered mdbtools for adoption, because I don't have time to
> keep it up to date in Debian.  Would you like to become the
> maintainer?  I can help sponsor the packages.

Hello

I am still looking for a sponsor for my package "mdbtools". The former
maintainer, Tim Retout, has no time to sponsor it after all.

 Package name    : mdbtools
 Version         : 0.7~rc1-2
 Upstream Author : Brian Bruns <brian@bruns.com>
 URL             : https://github.com/brianb/mdbtools
                   http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/
 License         : LGPL (libs) / GPL (bins)
 Section         : database

It builds those binary packages:

libmdb2    - Core library for accessing JET / MS Access (MDB) files
libmdbodbc1 - MDB tools ODBC module
libmdbsql2 - mdbtools sql library
mdbtools   - JET / MS Access database (MDB) tools
mdbtools-dev - mdbtools development files
mdbtools-gmdb - JET / MS Access database (MDB) file viewer

Upstream version 0.7~rc1 includes many improvements in exports of mdb/jet
files into sql, including indexes, default values, and foreign keys.
Other changes include fixes for all Debian bugs, support for encrypted
files...

Main changes in the Debian parts are multi-arch support, automatic odbcinst
driver registration, .desktop to register .mdb files, improved documentation.

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/mdbtools
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/mdbtools

  dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mdbtools/mdbtools_0.7~rc1-2.dsc

I know support for .mdb files is not the most sexy thing one could bring to
Debian, but you'll be very happy to find it when you need it.

Please sponsor me.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel Vourgère