Re: RFS: Apper

Hi!

2011/11/1 Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Matthias Klumpp <matthias@tenstral.net> wrote:
>>[...]
> I'm not a DD, so I can not sponsor your package. I took a quick look
> anyways. I found a few issues:
>
> 1) Running lintian on the resulting binary packages built in a clean
> sid chroot produces the following error:
>
> E: apper: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath usr/bin/apper
> /tmp/buildd/apper-0.7.0/obj-i486-linux-gnu/lib
>[...]
This is a cmake bug, cmake does not clean up the rpath for some
reason... I now added a workaround to the Apper pkg so the rpath gets
reset.

> 2) Less important, but since the manpage is supplied in the debian dir:
>
> I: apper: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/apper.1.gz:18
> [...]
Eh... I guess this is because of bug #208967 - I'll try if the manpage
in newer Apper versions works, if so I'll just ignore this info since
it will be fixed automatically with the next Apper release. Otherwise,
I've to fix it somehow...

> 3) And completely optional:
>

> I: apper: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 2610kB 72%
> [...]
Hmm, yes. Maybe I should create a -data package.

> 2)  Also, one nitpick thing I found is that in debian/copyright you
> list two copyright holders on the same line, like so:
>
> Copyright: 2008 by Trever Fischer / 2009-2011 by Daniel Nicoletti
>[...]
Yes, fixed :)

> Hope that helps...
Thank you for reviewing the package! I hope it can enter unstable soon :)
Regards,
   Matthias