Confusing "ancient-autotools-helper-file" error

Dear list,

I am trying to pack the "pywcs" package, (Python wrapper for wcslib; ITP
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=641635>) which
contains a convienence copy of the wcslib.

As required, I ignore the convienence copy of wcslib and use the
version packaged for Debian. The convienence copy remains unbuilt.

However, if I run "lintian", I get the error message

E: python-pywcs source: ancient-autotools-helper-file wcslib/config/config.guess 2003-10-03
E: python-pywcs source: ancient-autotools-helper-file wcslib/config/config.sub 2003-08-18

which is completely irrelevant for me (since these files are not used in
the build process). I added them to the "clean" file:

------------------8<-------------------------
wcslib/config/config.guess
wcslib/config/config.sub

but the build log of debuild states

dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file wcslib/config/config.sub
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file wcslib/config/config.guess

and lintian continues complaining about these files.

Why is this the case and how can I remove this error message?

Best regards

Ole