Re: RFR: devilspie2

On 14/10/11 08:26, Helmut Grohne wrote:

>> I could (amongst other stuff) take some hints regarding the short/long
>> descriptions.
>
> Both of your descriptions focus on explaining how devilspie2 does
> things. A user first looking at your package wants to know what your
> package does. Your short description explains that devilspie2 can match
> windows, but the use - acting on them - is only implied. Maybe your long
> description could give a specific use case? The information about LUA
> and the origin of this package are clearly useful, but I would put them
> to the end of the description.

Thank you! I have updated the long description according to your comments.

> debian/docs: I think you shouldn't ship the GPL-3, because you already
> correctly reference /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3 from
> debian/copyright.

fixed.

> debian/rules: Maybe you can also clean up the dh_make comments?

done.

Thank you for your review, much appreciated - I have updated the package
fixing the details you have commented on.
New version uploaded to mentors:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/devilspie2
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/devilspie2/devilspie2_0.09-1.dsc

best regards