RFS: kinect-audio-setup (New Package; Closes #645072)

Hi Debian Mentors (and OpenKinect people),

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "kinect-audio-setup", it is
needed to enable audio input from the Microsoft Kinect sensor
device. I am also one of the upstream authors.

* Package name    : kinect-audio-setup
  Version         : 0.1
  Upstream Author : Drew Fisher <drew.m.fisher@gmail.com>,
                    Antonio Ospite <ospite@studenti.unina.it>
* URL             : http://git.ao2.it/kinect-audio-setup.git/
* License         : BSD-2-Clause, WTFPL
  Programming Lang: C, Posix shell
  Description     : enable audio input from the Microsoft Kinect sensor
                    device

It builds the binary package: kinect-audio-setup.

kinect-audio-setup provides:
  - kinect_fetch_fw which downloads and extracts the firmware from the
    Microsoft Kinect SDK;
  - kinect_upload_fw which loads the firmware to the generic USB device
    in order to get the USB Audio Class device to show up;
  - udev rules to call kinect_upload_fw when the device is plugged in.

kinect_fetch_fw is invoked in the postint hook to download the
non re-distributable binary firmware needed to have the USB Audio Class
device.

On debian-legal[1] I've been told that using the kinect word in
the project name should be OK, and that —because of the use of a binary
firmware— the package needs to go in 'contrib', so I choose
'contrib/sound' as the section.

Note that pulseaudio >= 1.0 is needed for the actual audio input to work
but I am not depending on it as technically it is not needed to make
the above programs work, should I suggest or recommend it?

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

  http://bugs.debian.org/645072

The package can be downloaded with dget using this command:

  dget -u http://ao2.it/debian/kinect-audio-setup_0.1-1.dsc

The source package can be found in the 'debian' branch at:

  http://git.ao2.it/kinect-audio-setup.git/

The package has been tested with pbuilder, checked with lintian,
verified to be piuparts clean.

Thanks,
   Antonio

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2011/09/msg00057.html