Re: RFS: snes9x

(No need to CC me as I am subscribed to the mailing list)

* Michael Moorman <tensorpuddin@devio.us> [111003 07:30]:
> > zsnes is now available for amd64 too, but you are right that a
> > non-intel port is impossible.
>
> It is? I can't figure out how to build it for the amd64, and Debian
> doesn't build an amd64 package for zsnes. Does it involve building a
> 32-bit binary?

It is, starting from wheezy :

    $ rmadison zsnes
     zsnes | 1.420-2.1    | etch    | source, i386
     zsnes | 1.510-2.2    | lenny   | source, i386
     zsnes | 1.510-2.2    | squeeze | source
     zsnes | 1.510-2.2+b1 | squeeze | i386
     zsnes | 1.510+bz2-1  | wheezy  | source, amd64, i386
     zsnes | 1.510+bz2-1  | sid     | source, amd64, i386

> I left the debian/copyright from the old packaging before the RoQA, I
> just want to make sure that the license that was included is still
> correct since the source doesn't provide any license information and
> their forum is hard to navigate.

This is quite worrying. You should ask upstream to provide explicit
licensing information in the tarball.

> Is the non-commercial use clause what > makes it non-free according
> to the DFSG?

Exactly.

> > I can't sponsor your package as I am not a DD, but I had a look at it.
> >
> >   - As the debexpo page shows, it has several lintian warnings :
> >
> >     http://mentors.debian.net/package/snes9x
> >
> >     I: snes9x source: quilt-patch-missing-description fix-typo.patch
> >     W: snes9x source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)
> >     I: snes9x-x: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
> >     W: snes9x-gtk: binary-without-manpage usr/games/snes9x-gtk
> >

> You managed to get more warnings out of lintian than I did! I uploaded
> what I had scraped together but I'm still working on writing a manpage
> for snes9x-gtk.

When you run lintian on the changes file, it outputs warnings for
binary packages too.

Cheers

--
Etienne Millon