DEP-5 and derivative work

Dear all,
I have a question about copyright specifically about
derivative works and how can I post it under DEP-5 format.
For example, the upstream-author catch an image "cat.jpg",
transform this image as "cat.pzl" and ONLY released as "cat.pzl".
The upstream-author is aware about copyright and license
for "cat.jpg" and mention about it.

So, DEP-5 format:
Files: puzzles/cat.pzl
Copyright: ?

Copyright field for image copyright owner or application upstream-author?
if application upstream-author, should I mention about copyright
and license image owner in comment field or where?

Regards,

--
Elías Alejandro