Re: RFS: Jampal (2nd try)

Hi Peter,

On 24.05.2011 02:29, Peter Bennett wrote:
> This is my second attempt. I have fixed errors that were pointed out to
> me last time.

glad to see you fixed most of the problems I addressed last time. Thank
you very much.

This time I have some minor, mostly cosmetic issues only but please note
I didn't extensively review your package. I was just looking how you are
doing. Here we go:

* Your standards version is still outdated. Please push to 3.9.2 after
verifying eventual changes [1]
* Please remove the VCS links in your control file if you don't use it.
Even better it would be, if you would use a VCS for Debian related
packaging though :)
* Another thing I mentioned last time is to eventually push debhelper
compatibility level to version 8 (in debian/compat and debian/control).
This is the recommended version as of today.
* Benoît already mentioned the concerns about OpenOffice I addressed
last time as well [2]. You can certainly recommend it if you believe
this is the way to go, see [3] for the precise meaning of package
relationships. However you still need to exchange OpenOffice by
LibreOffice. Its the latter which is in Debian now.
* The long description of tagbkup (glad you made a dedicated package for
it!) contains something like "(use the -cm option, see below)" which was
probably extracted from a manual or so. Please rework the description
since neither the switch should be explained in the description field
not does "below" exist at all.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/upgrading-checklist.txt
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/05/msg00307.html
[3]