help with gnuradio

I've been working on the gnuradio package retrieved from git.gag.com (the original maintainer).

It has a problem in the packaging phase.

The first sign of problems is:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN5boost11this_thread18interruption_pointEv used by debian/libgnuradio-core0/usr/lib/libgnuradio-core-3.3.1.so.0.0.0 found in none of the libraries.

This looks logical to me, because libgnuradio-core0 does not directly express a dependency on libboost, (it probably used to be linked because of the old DSO linking behaviour).

I'm lost as to where to express this dependency. Is it a failure in the building (linking) of libgnuradio-core.so or is there a debian file incomplete?

It looks to me that substvars, generated by dpkg-shlibdeps, is a good place to inspect the dependencies, is that always the case?

Gr. Sim