Re: RFS: logtop a realtime log line rate analyzer

Hi Julien

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:20:14PM +0100, Julien Palard wrote:
> Hi Salvatore, (and the list)
>
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org> wrote:
> > Good! It is not mandatory, but see [1,2].
>
> Ok, I don't have to do it manually, just to wrote it in the Changelog
> to let the packaging system close it for me, juste understood, thanks
> for all your explanations about this.
>
> > rewrite the long description.
> I hope it's better now

Yes, I would say better. Only one further 'nitpicking' ;-)

 logtop is a System Administrator tool to analyze line rate taking log
 file as input. It reads on stdin and print a constantly updated result
 using curses, displaying in columns:
 Line number, count, frequency, and the actual line.
 .
  $ tail -f FILE | logtop
 is the friendly version of:
  $ watch 'tail FILE | sort | uniq -c | sort -gr'

Lines starting indeed with two or more spaces, like the last one then,
will show up in verbatim. Could you change this this way and the
alignment? (and no spaces preferably inbetween the text and ':').

> > Yes, that is correct. do not merge them. Upstream changelog is then
> > installed to /usr/share/doc/$package/changelog.gz and Debian's changelog
> > in /usr/share/doc/$package/changelog.Debian.gz.
>
> Done using make inatall, am i right ?

Hmm, no, as done previously it was correct. Simply have the upstream
CHANGELOG in upstream, and the rest will be done by by
dh_installchangelogs (see manpage). Then there is no need for
debian/patches/debian-changes-0.1-1 ;-).

Could you change these two again?

For the proposal of DEP5 for machine-readable format-specification,
have a lock at [1]. So there are missing the File-Copyright-License
stanzas. Could you change this?

So have the Format-Specification, Name, Maintainer, Source Stanza,
then one for your upstream Files and one separate for the debian/*
packaging stanza, and last one the license-'stanza'.

 [1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=135

I would gladly then review!

Thanks for logtop and your work so far on getting the package ready!
:-)

Bests
Salvatore