Re: RFS: triggerhappy

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Tomanek wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "triggerhappy".
>
> * Package name    : triggerhappy
>   Version         : 0.1.3-1
>   Upstream Author : Stefan Tomanek <stefan.tomanek+th@wertarbyte.de>
> * URL             : http://github.com/wertarbyte/triggerhappy
> * License         : GPL
>   Section         : admin
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> triggerhappy - global, user and session independent hotkey daemon

lintian -I --pedantic actually gives a few warnings:

  I: triggerhappy source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
  W: triggerhappy: description-starts-with-leading-spaces
  I: triggerhappy: init.d-script-does-not-provide-itself /etc/init.d/triggerhappy
  P: triggerhappy: no-upstream-changelog
  I: triggerhappy: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/thd.1.gz seperated separated
  I: triggerhappy: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/thd.1.gz appropiate appropriate

I'm also wondering if "admin" is the right section for your package;
"utils" maybe?

And although it is not required, using DEP-5 format [1] for your
debian/copyright file might be a good idea.

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

Well, it's a rather superficial review, but I hope it's helpful anyway.

Oh and one last thing (keep in mind I didn't look into your package very
thoroughly, so forgive me if it's a silly question), I saw in your
changelog that you introduced an option to drop root privileges; why
aren't you using it by default? From a security point of view, it would
of course be preferable, but maybe there's another reason not to do it?

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht