On format upgrade during freeze time
I am about to adopt the orphaned package Ipband.
Ideally I would like to migrate it from Dpatch
to format "3.0 (quilt)" immediately. However,
I have now discovered a week spot in the source
code that stems from a missed detection that a
command line string is non-empty. I am almost
certain I could trigger a segfault with that
code at a future time when Ipband wants to send
an email according to its configuration.
The corresponding patch should be incorporated
as soon as possible, preferably before release
time if my analysis go through.
However, and this is my present question to you,
would the release team decline the package due
a decision to migrate to format 3.0 already now?
Mats Erik Andersson