Re: Four days

An expansion...

I used to do regular reviews of every unanswered recent RFS. Mostly I
stopped doing those due to lack of time. After a while doing them got
demotivating due to the amount of problems with most packages and the
lack of response to issues, or if there was a response there were a
few things fixed but everything else ignored. During this my policy
was to not sponsor any packages, just to improve their quality.

If mentors.d.n were to gain the quality metrics stuff planned for
debexpo, perhaps the average quality of RFS entries would go up and
reviewing and uploading packages would be enjoyable again. If that
were to happen I would definitely set the metrics I would like to see
in my profile and look at packages that met those criteria.

Another demotivator is people who treat the archive as a dumping
ground for their pet package; do a one-shot upload to get it in and
essentially leave it orphaned after that. I tried to avoid that by
having a policy of not sponsoring anything, but I still have a few
such packages on my DDPO page. I'm not sure how to avoid that but
actually upload stuff regularly.

--
bye,
pabs