Re: question about proprietary libraries

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <[🔎] 20100902092854.GR4011@vdg.blogsite.org>, Julien Viard de Galbert wrote:
> >Also I think I've read somewhere that no library really enter debian
> >unless a program requires it. (which kind of makes sense).
>
> I mentioned this in another thread.  I'm not sure if it is policy.

Definitely not a policy.  Take a look at libgnupdf; this completely
useless *snapshot* make it even in Lenny.  And another useless
snapshot is going to be in Squeeze, too, unless someone does something
about it (like filing a RM bug).

There are lots of other examples, I believe.