Re: question about proprietary libraries

In <[🔎] 20100902092854.GR4011@vdg.blogsite.org>, Julien Viard de Galbert wrote:
>Also I think I've read somewhere that no library really enter debian
>unless a program requires it. (which kind of makes sense).

I mentioned this in another thread.  I'm not sure if it is policy.  I was
imagining a C library, which has little end-user demand if there's no
application that needs it.  I can imagine a PHP library (e.g.) might be
shipped because it is useful for users developing websites (e.g.).