I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libsgml-parser-opensp-perl".
* Package name : libsgml-parser-opensp-perl
Version : 0.994-1
Upstream Author : Björn Höhrmann <http://search.cpan.org/%7Ebjoern/>
* URL : http://search.cpan.org/~bjoern/SGML-Parser-OpenSP-0.994/lib/SGML/Parser/OpenSP.pm
* License : perl
Section : perl
It builds these binary packages:
libsgml-parser-opensp-perl - Parse SGML documents using OpenSP
The package appears to be lintian clean.
The upload would fix these bugs: 590063
My motivation for maintaining this package is: I working towards adopting w3c-markup-validator which I need for running my business.
I have built that package from first principles from the upstream code and I am working through previous Debian modifications to see what needs
to be retained. Uploading that is however a little way off. However the newest upstream code has this and three other perl
modules as dependencies. I may also have to adopt/upload some preexisting neglected Debian packages but I have not quite got to that point yet.
In the longer run my motivation is that the Debian packaging system offers a very robust method for running production machines potentially
allowing compilers and development tools to be removed from the production environment for added security. With regards to perl modules it is significantly better
than CPAN as it understands non-perl dependencies.
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libsgml-parser-opensp-perl
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libsgml-parser-opensp-perl/libsgml-parser-opensp-perl_0.994-1.dsc
I would be glad if someone uploaded this and the other packages for me.