Control which packages debhelper builds

I'm packaging uClibc for in order to build a cross-toolchain. In order
to build the toolchain from source, I must build and install the
uClibc development headers, build and install a bootstrap GCC, compile
the uClibc core with the bootstrap GCC, build a final version of GCC
connected to the uClibc core, and compile various uClibc host and
target utilities with the final GCC.

>From the uClibc source, I must build three batches of packages: the
uClibc dev headers, the uClibc core, and the uClibc utilities. How can
I control which packages debhelper builds and how it builds them?
Thanks.

--
Evan Kroske
http://welcome2obscurity.blogspot.com/