Re: RFS: opencpn

Paul Wise wrote:
> The OpenCPN code contains this template:
>
>  *   Copyright (C) $YEAR$ by $AUTHOR$   *
>  *   $EMAIL$   *
>
> Upstream really needs to replace these by real information. Some files
> have the right info but still have the template. BTW, the template is
> wrong since (C) is not a valid symbol for copyright, IIRC only
> "Copyright", "Copyr." and "©" are.

(C) is not a valid symbol for copyright, but that doesn't make the template
wrong.

"Always use the English word “Copyright”; by international convention, this
is used worldwide, even for material in other languages. The copyright
symbol “©” can be included if you wish (and your character set supports it),
but it's not necessary. There is no legal significance to using the three-
character sequence “(C)”, although it does no harm."
[http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html]

--
Nicolas