Re: RFS: comixcursors (updated package)

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 10:25:51PM -0600, Edgar Antonio Palma de la Cruz wrote:
> Hi mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.6.0-1 of my package
> "comixcursors".

This is great, because it fixes an RC bug! :)  Please mention things
like that (perhaps even in the Subject) in future emails to
debian-mentors, and it might get you a quicker response.

Now, a few comments:

- mention the new upstream version in the changelog
- "Bump Standards" is probably not a good enough description. Try
  something like "debian/control: Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.3"

Perhaps read the relevant dev-ref entry:
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-debian-changelog

- svg2png.bash appears to depend on bc.

Try building using pbuilder to pick up problems like this.  Currently
the package fails to build.

- Because you're building an arch: all package, Build-Depends should
  contain only what's necessary for the 'clean' target, and every
  other build dependency should go in Build-Depends-Indep.

This is buried away in the Debian Policy Manual, section 7.7, but
there have been discussions of it previously on this list.

I haven't checked much more - I'd run lintian on it once it builds
successfully.  I'm prepared to accept a few lintian errors (and a
smaller diff from the previous version) if we can fix that RC bug.

Thanks,

--
Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>