Re: RFS: php-clamav

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "php-clamav".
>
> * Package name    : php-clamav
>   Version         : 0.14.3-1
>   Upstream Author : Argos <argos66@gmail.com>
> * URL             :
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-clamav<http://sourceforge.net/project/php-clamav>
> * License         : GPL v2 or later
>   Section         : web
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> php5-clamav - PHP ClamAV - ClamAV Interface for PHP5 Scripts

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-clamav/php-clamav_0.14.3-1.dsc

Before doing so, I'd ask you to ensure at least lintian cleanliness (or add
proper overrides: I don't know about your name):

tautschnig@joey[21:37]:~/clamav/php-clamav$ lintian -iI --pedantic *.dsc *.deb
I: php-clamav source: no-complete-debconf-translation
N:
N:    Even though this package provides debconf translation support, there are
N:    no translations or none of the translations are complete. This may mean
N:    that translators weren't properly warned about new strings.
N:
N:    Translators may be notified of changes using podebconf-report-po, for
N:    example:
N:
N:     podebconf-report-po --call --withtranslators --deadline="+10 days" \
N:     --languageteam
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Developer's Reference section 6.5.2.2 (Be kind to
N:    translators) for details.
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: possible
N:
W: php-clamav source: maintainer-not-full-name Argos
N:
N:    The "name" part of this maintainer field is just one word, so it might
N:    not be a full name.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: possible
N:
W: php-clamav source: native-package-with-dash-version
N:
N:    Native packaging should only be used if a piece of software was written
N:    specifically to be turned into a Debian package. In this case, the
N:    version number should not contain a Debian revision part.
N:
N:    Native source packages are sometimes created by accident. In most cases
N:    the reason is the location of the original source tarball. dpkg-source
N:    searches for this in ../package_upstream-version.orig.tar.gz.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
N:
P: php5-clamav: maintainer-script-without-set-e postrm
N:
N:    The maintainer script passes -e to the shell on the #! line rather than
N:    using set -e in the body of the script. This is fine for normal
N:    operation, but if the script is run by hand with sh /path/to/script
N:    (common in debugging), -e will not be in effect. It's therefore better
N:    to use set -e in the body of the script.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 10.4 (Scripts) for details.
N:
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: certain
N:
P: php5-clamav: maintainer-script-without-set-e postinst
P: php5-clamav: maintainer-script-without-set-e config
P: php5-clamav: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
N:
N:    The copyright file refers to the versionless symlink in
N:    /usr/share/common-licenses for the full text of the GPL, LGPL, or GFDL
N:    license. This symlink is updated to point to the latest version of the
N:    license when a new one is released. The package appears to allow
N:    relicensing under later versions of its license, so this is legally
N:    consistent, but it implies that Debian will relicense the package under
N:    later versions of those licenses as they're released. It is normally
N:    better to point to the version of the license the package references in
N:    its license statement.
N:
N:    For example, if the package says something like "you may redistribute it
N:    and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
N:    published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your
N:    option) any later version", the debian/copyright file should refer to
N:    /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2, not /GPL.
N:
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: possible
N:
W: php5-clamav: maintainer-not-full-name Argos

Furthermore, the package declares a Conflicts: php-clamavlib; isn't a Replaces:
also in order?

Best,
Michael