RFS: libdebug (adopted, updated, fixed bugs)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.4.3-1 of my
package "libdebug".  This is an attempt to adopt the package,
turn it into a non-native one, become upstream, bring the Debian
packaging up to the current standards and best practices, and
fix the single outstanding bug.  It's a simple library written
in C which provides logging and memory debugging routines,
it has been in Debian since 2002, and it could use a little TLC :)

It builds these binary packages:
libdebug0  - Memory leak detection system and logging library
libdebug0-dev - Development files for the debug library

I'm aware that it would be better for the -dev package to be
named just libdebug-dev, but I've decided not to change that in
my first adoption upload.  Of course, if an interested mentor
thinks that it would be preferable to change it right away,
I could do that, too.

The package has been tested with lintian and pbuilder.

The upload would fix these bugs: 437346 (nostrip), 499260 (ITA)

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libdebug/libdebug_0.4.3-1.dsc

JFYI, here's my adoption changelog entry:

libdebug (0.4.3-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New maintainer.  Closes: #499260
  * Override a "shlib calls exit" lintian warning - this is a debugging
    library, it is supposed to exit on grave errors.
  * Add a symbols file starting at libdebug0-0.4.2 obtained from mole.
  * Make this a non-native package.
  * Add a watch file.
  * Convert the copyright file to the machine-readable format and
    add my copyright notice.
  * Add the Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser control fields.
  * Bump the debhelper compatibility version to 7:
    - add misc:Depends to the binary package
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.1:
    - use binary:Version instead of hardcoding the dependencies between
      the binary packages
    - support "nostrip" in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.  Closes: #437346
    - add the Homepage control field
  * Build with lots of compiler warning flags.
  * Build with -Werror if "werror" is in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.
  * Enable build hardening unless "nohardening" is in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.
  * Remove the unused debian/Makefile.
  * Remove debian/libdebug0.postinst - dh_makeshlibs takes care of this.
  * Do not try to clean the source in the "build" target, it's upstream's
    job now.
  * Use dh_install instead of dh_movefiles.
  * Minimize the rules file using debhelper override targets.
  * Pass prefix correctly during the install phase now that upstream
    supports DESTDIR in the canonical way.

 -- Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>  Thu, 28 May 2009 16:02:51 +0300

G'luck,
Peter