Re: RFS: subtitlecomposer (new package, second try)

Le Tue, May 26, 2009 at 09:37:43PM +0200, José Manuel Santamaría Lema a écrit :

> usually those FindFoo.cmake files are under cmake/
> subdirectory, so I wasn't aware of the existence of this BSD licensed file.
> Here is the COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS:
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/COPYING-CMAKE-
> SCRIPTS?view=log
>
> Afaik, this file is not installed by any kde package, so I've just copied the
> contents in my debian/copyright. I guess the right thing to do is ask upstream
> to include this file in subtitlecomposer's .tar.gz for next release, isn't it?
>
> And, by the way, how do you find this file? Inspecting manually the source code?

Hi José

indeed, if Upstream could simply paste the license in the file, that would be
clearer.

I usually inspect the source code with ‘grep -ri’ and keywords like ‘copyright’
or ‘license’. Once I figure out what are the lead copyright holders, I remove
them from the output with ‘grep -v’, to see if there are extra files with are
obviouly coming from an external source. I then inspect their content.

Also, between two updates, I do a debdiff that I grep for ‘copyright’. It
already helped me to uncover the addition of non-free files.

> I'm willing to maintain the package inside pkg-kde-extras. I've asked at irc
> and the right thing to do is RFS before joining the pkg-kde-extras team.

Good. I hope that you will find a sponsor within the team members. In the worst
case I can sponsor you as well, but it would be better if it is somebody that
has some knowledge of KDE.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy