Re: include desktop file and icon

On Sat, 09 May 2009 19:56:20 +0200
Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I use cdbs....

> > Look at the dh_install manpage and see how to create a file in
> > debian/ that tells dh_install where to put the file. Take a look at
> > the source code of any package that uses CDBS and has a desktop
> > file. gpe-expenses is one.
> >

> Don't get it yet.

debian/$package.install

Didn't you check the gpe-expenses source code as I suggested?

$ cat /opt/working/gpe-expenses/debian/gpe-expenses.install
debian/tmp/usr/bin/gpe-expenses usr/bin/
debian/tmp/usr/share/man/* usr/share/man/
debian/tmp/usr/share/pixmaps/gpe-expenses.xpm usr/share/pixmaps/
debian/tmp/usr/share/applications/* usr/share/applications/
debian/tmp/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/gpe-expenses.mo

> But how and where do I run the dh_install command with cdbs?

With a debian/$package.install file, CDBS runs dh_install for that
package automatically.

--

Neil Williams