Re: RFS: mpg321 (updated package)

Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> writes:

> Elías A. M. <ealmdz@gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.2.10.7
> > of my package "mpg321".

[…]

> And why do you add patches to native package?

More directly: Why is this package given a Debian-native version when
it's clearly not specific to Debian systems?

    You should only use a native Debian package when it is clear that
    the package would only ever be of use in Debian. Even if the
    software is currently only available in Debian, if someone could
    reasonably use the software on another distribution or on another
    operating system, then the package should be non-native.

    <URL:http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html#native_vs_non_native>

--
 \          “The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice |
  `\                                          within.” —Mahatma Gandhi |