Re: /doc and/or manpage

Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:39:58PM +0200, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
My package does have an /doc folder. Does it mean that there is some documentation which I should include in the package? How?

Do the contents look useful to a user? If so, they should be installed
into /usr/share/doc/<package>.

Besides that, should each package have an manpage? How should I create one?

Policy: "Each program, utility, and function should have an associated
manual page included in the same package."

See section 12, http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html.

To create one, try an editor like manedit, which will give you a
skeleton and a graphical editor to get your started.

What if an package has an documentation, should there also be an manpage?

Yes.

I have included a rumor.1 file in my /debian folder, but when building it and install it, I got no manpage...

http://pastebin.com/m4310090d

\r