RFS: libhugetlbfs

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor/reviewer for my package "libhugetlbfs".

* Package name    : libhugetlbfs
  Version         : 1.2-1
  Upstream Author : Mel Gorman <mel@csn.ul.ie>
* URL             : http://www.csn.ul.ie/~mel/projects/deb-libhugetlbfs/
* License         : LGPL 2.1
  Section         : libs

It builds these binary packages:
libhugetlbfs - helper to back malloc(), text and data with hugepages
libhugetlbfs-dev - libhugetlbfs Development library and Header Files

  main contrib non-free
- dget
  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libhugetlbfs/libhugetlbfs_1.2-1.dsc

At this starting stage, I would be glad if someone would review the
package. I know that starting packaging with a library  is generally
frowned upon and no doubt mistakes will mean it is not quite ready
for upload.

Despite the warning, I packaged a library anyway for a few reasons. Firstly,
as I am generally concerned with large page support in the kernel and am
a Debian user, having this library in Debian is of particular interest
to me. Secondly, the library has no other library depencies making it
simplier than average. Lastly, the library when preloaded can be used to
back application text, data and malloc() with large pages so in an odd way,
it can act similar to an executable.

I wrote up the experiences while building the package at
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~mel/docs/debianstart/ in case it's useful to anyone.

Thanks for your time.

--
Mel Gorman
Part-time Phd Student                          Linux Technology Center