Re: RFS: daptup
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Paul Wise wrote:
> That sounds like something that should be in aptitude and maybe
> enabled by a configuration item. aptitude already prints the number of
> changes, it would probably be fairly easy for the aptitude maintainer
> to make it print out those changes instead of just the number of them.
I agree. Will report a wishlist bug. Nevertheless, it may be not so easy to implement this
functional - couple of new options should be introduced:
a) for new packages:
- print only new packages or print also changes in descriptions?
- what format use for printing ?
- print packages removed from archive or no?
b) for upgradeable packages:
- what format use for printing?
- print only "new" upgrades (packages had no upgrade candidate before 'aptitude
update') or print all changes in upgradeable lists?
Daptup now lists as more as possible changes in archive and have "format" option for
printing "new" packages.
May be, it would be easy to use wrapper, what do you think?
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF, Ukrainian C++ developer.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----