Re: dh_clean and explicit package clean lists

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > I recall recently seeing mention that 'dh_clean' could obey a
> > 'debian/<package_name>.clean' file as a list of patterns or files to
> > clean.
>
> I recently added support for dh_clean reading debian/clean (see its
> man page)

That's exactly it, I just misremembered the details. Thanks.

> but didn't see any reason to support per-package
> debian/package.clean, so didn't add that.

Fair enough. I don't have a use case for that at the moment, so won't
ask for it.

--
 \          "That's all very good in practice, but how does it work in |
  `\                                          *theory*?"  -- Anonymous |