Re: RFC: lame (the MP3 encoder)

Le Friday 16 May 2008 01:07:11 Rogério Brito, vous avez écrit :
> Hi there.

	Hi !

> I know that this can't be included in Debian, but I am the packager of
> the upstream project at http://lame.sf.net/ and I would like to receive
> some suggestions on what should I do have a decent packaging.

For who are you packaging it ? In particular, are you aware of
debian-multimedia ?

> Please, note that it is a "native Debian package" and it is likely to
> remain the case, as I have already discussed this with other members of
> the project, but the release management thinks that separating the
> debian directory would cause too much headaches.

Well, if you drift out of packaging guidelines at the very first step, there
are little chance you'll get a decent packaging.

Keeping the debian directory within upstream tarball *will* cause headaches.

Romain
--
They swapped my brother now, also, my sister too
for a drink of wine, so they could drink and be merry,