Possible Pre-Depends usage in openoffice.org-voikko

Hi,

I haven't gotten a reply on debian-devel mailing list [1] or
#debian-devel on this specific issue, also Rene (my sponsor) would
like to have others' opinions before proceeding. I introduced an etch
-> lenny bug #476573 [2] with the latest upload of
openoffice.org-voikko [3], which I'm trying to resolve. The bug report
has the link to the 2.2-3 version at mentors.debian.net and debdiff
[4] which explains the change(s) done.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/04/msg00705.html
[3] http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openoffice.org-voikko.html
[4] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=10;filename=debdiff_openoffice.org-voikko_2.2-3.txt;att=1;bug=476573

Mainly it's about whether the usage of Pre-Depends in this context is
acceptable, since it solves the problem in a testable way (together
with the other change in my proposal), and only affects etch -> lenny
upgrades.

Also, please tell if you have any tips on how I should proceed with my
questions after not getting a reply on mailing lists and IRC...

-Timo